Thursday, February 19, 2009

I have finally have found a way to assist with fundraising for the fire victims

The craziness of the bushfires that have struck Victorians, taking away lives and homes with such frightening ferocity, has overshadowed every waking moment for us here in Melbourne lately. Smoke is hanging over the city and the smell of it has only receded in our nostrils as they become accustomed to the stink. Its still so hot and dry, and the horror that follows any reports of another fire started or another death added to the tally is exhausting.
I tried to offer our spare room for some emergency accommodation to whomever needed it, but when I called I was told that they don't need any more share-house offers for accommodation. What they are looking for is people who can donate either a caravan or an empty house for 12 months minimum. Obviously I don't have either of those, so I'm so glad to have found another small way that I can assist, with La Dolce Vita:
Emerging local designers Shona Design, Heidi and Seek, Valerie Randello, Marc Nanfro, Ali Bou, Jannifer Boentaran, Ryan Pelzer and Georgia Young have got together to put on the La Dolce Vita fashion event. All proceeds are going to the victims of the bushfires.
I'm assisting them with any accessories they want to borrow for the show, and also a piece to be raffled on the day for additional fundraising.
It is on at the Eltham Community Centre, 801 Main Road in Eltham on Saturday the 28th February from 2pm.
Tickets are $25 including champagne and canapes. To book or for further information please call Georgia on 0425 806 039. Any support is appreciated.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for reading my blog, and for leaving your comments. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails