Friday, February 20, 2009

Congrats to Duffy's haul at the Brit Awards!

Congratulations to gorgeous soul singer Duffy who triumphed at the Brit awards in London, the biggest night of the year for British music. She was was honoured with awards for best British female solo artist, best British album, and British breakthrough act. Sources report that Welsh singer-songwriter Duffy was close to tears as she accepted the award for best British album for “Rockferry”, the biggest selling debut album in the world last year and the winner of a Grammy earlier this month. “I can’t tell you what this means after five years, thank you so much,” the 24-year-old apparently said.

I've been loving Mercy for a while! Unfortunately embedding the video has been disabled on Youtube so you'll have to click on the link if you want to have a listen to her singing that one. I'm blasting it out at top note today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE2orthS3TQ

I was thrilled to find out that after her recent promo visit to Australia, Duffy went home with a couple of Joolz items: a movie star bracelet and a cow version of the Giddyup necklace - hopefully there will be photos sooner or later - as soon as I get photos of her wearing either of them I will post them up here :)

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for reading my blog, and for leaving your comments. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails