Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Nat Bass


I popped along to the Toff in Town last night to have a listen to Natalie Bassingthwaighte's new tunes. I was a fan of her Rogue Trader days, and was interested to see what the new songs would be like.
She started out with Feel the Flow, which was a good start to proceedings, followed it up with her current radio hit Alive which got people into the dancing mood, and then she really knocked my socks off. 1000 Stars is a great song! She followed that with a bunch more: Not For You, In His Eyes, Why Do I, Catch Me If You Can, Turn Out The Lights, and she finished off with Someday Soon.
I have to confess that I completely welled up during her performance of In His Eyes. Its a spectacular, beautiful and moving song she wrote to try and help her grandmother grieve the loss of her husband. I was really touched and really impressed. Her stage presence is great, she's such a professional performer, and when I met her afterwards, she was damn nice to boot!
I hear that she's performing down here in Melbourne for the rest of the week. My advice would be to get yourselves out there to see her. The tickets are cheap as chips and its money well-spent.

Check out Alive if you need any further convincing :)

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for reading my blog, and for leaving your comments. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails