Friday, July 10, 2009

One of my favourite quotes

I read this somewhere, in fact I'm pretty sure it was on All Men Are Liars. The writer's sister has given it to him. I was so impressed by it at the time that I copied and pasted it into my calendar and set it to bounce up first thing every morning for me to read when I sit down at my computer. It really says it all for me at the moment.

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.” Calvin Coolidge

I've since checked out his mini-biography on the White House site and it does seem as if he was a very persistent man himself. I guess to become the president you really do have to be. Having little to no knowledge of the American presidents that existed before my birth, it was interesting to do a little 'background checking'. Well, I must get out of here, I've got a busy day ahead of me. Just wanted to share that. Cheers!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for reading my blog, and for leaving your comments. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails