Thursday, March 26, 2009

I have added a new favourite

The Selvedge Yard has become a new favourite.
I love this little snippet so much that I have to share it:

"Speaking with Adam Lippes recently, he shared a story about one of the nicest compliments he’s ever received. Adam was working under Oscar De La Renta at the time, and Oscar commented in front of a group– “Everyone, look how rich Adam looks– and he’s not wearing a single rich thing.”

Now, I think that says a lot about someone’s personal style. They look great, but there isn’t one single item that overshadows, steals their thunder, or that takes away from the total package. Confidence (not arrogance), a great personality (and sex appeal), and meticulous grooming, all go a long way towards defining and determining style too.

When you have it all, it (style) becomes more of an aura than a fashion moment or a look. Your style ceases to be something you put on, but rather who you are.

The clothes alone don’t make the man."

So true, don't you think?


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for reading my blog, and for leaving your comments. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails