Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Charlie Girl

If you don't know Bec Winnel yet, please do get acquainted! A self-taught artist from country NSW, her dreamy style is (to me) somewhat reminiscent of Margaret Keane - only about a million times better - with a fresh and youthful approach that looks like it belongs both on a gallery wall and in the pages of your favourite fashion magazine. I love the focus on the "eyes as the window to the soul", whilst everything else gradually fades away.

In other news, I've just created a makeshift flower press (I used to have an AWESOME one as a young'un, however sadly its one of those things that got lost over time) to dry and flatten a bunch of rose petals to create some new rings YAY :)
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for reading my blog, and for leaving your comments. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails