Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Flexicar, The Hive, and Bora Bora

Its grey and cold in Melbourne this morning, so I'm posting a little slice of warm, tropical heaven. Bora Bora in Tahiti is one of those "one day" holiday destinations for me. I'm sure everyone's received the email that does the rounds every now and then showing photos of this beautiful place.
Ahhhh. Just looking at it cheers me up and removes the chill a little bit!

Last night I went along to my first experience with The Hive - a networking group for entrepreneurs. According to their website, they "get together to share advice, talk and hang out". I'd heard about it on Twitter (of course) and checked out their Facebook page - sounded interesting, and along I went. Must admit the person they had speaking made my decision to go very easy. Monique Conheady, from Flexicar, talked about starting a business, the sacrifices she had to make, what its like to be a female entrepeneur, and what she'll do differently next time. Was great to listen to her, and I met a couple of nice people too! I'd love to attend their next event too, but its going to be on whilst I'm away. Bummer. They have Kikki-K talking! Love her stuff. Never mind, I guess if I really want to talk to Kikki-K I could actually just find her details and set up a coffee date. Haha!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for reading my blog, and for leaving your comments. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails