Saturday, April 17, 2010

A week of giggles


We have been out and about with a comedy theme this week: I've been keen to see MicMacs, which we caught on Monday night at Westgarth Cinema (it was fabulous as expected), then we saw Ivan Brackenbury's Hospital Radio Show at the Elephant and Castle on Tuesday night (definitely worth seeing, it is funny, although I did not find it quite as hilarious as our friend Lee did, who went & saw it twice), and the previously mentioned Hot Tub Time Machine on Wed night (free booze, hurrah!).


Thu night was our night off, then Friday night it was off to the Comic's Lounge to see Lehmo, Monty Franklin & Micky D. The lads kept us in chuckles for most of the night, and I picked up a couple of extra tickets which I'm planning on using next month. The Comic's Lounge in North Melbourne is the place to visit if you have missed anyone at the Comedy Festival that you were hoping to catch - there are a few of them performing there over the next couple of months. However, after getting there early to have dinner with our show last night, I can't recommend the meals. My advice would be to eat somewhere else and then get there in time for the show. They do have snacks available - and I'd be going for those instead of the extremely average, over-priced entree & main meal deal they have on offer.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for reading my blog, and for leaving your comments. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails